Tips for a gardener
What are a beginner’s tools?
- a lightweight shovel, a hoe, a metal rake
How do I design my plot?
- beds should run from higher ground to lower ground.
- raised beds: the width of the bed should be such that it is easy to reach the middle of the bed from either side.
- leave generous paths in between beds to make gardening easier.
Plant mutually beneficial plants next to each other:
- potatoes and beans/cabbage
- carrots and beans/tomatoes/onions
- tomatoes and lettuce/parsley/onions/bell peppers/spinach
- lettuce and carrots/beetroot/onions/cabbages
- cucumber and beans/onions/lettuce/garlic